Senior Software Developer - (100% Remote)
This software developer will be a valuable member of a Scrum team responsible for designing, developing, and supporting an enterprise SaaS application platform. This person will be proficient in several programming languages and conversational about architectural topics like Inversion of Control and event-driven systems. This person must have an innate drive to learn and improve, be self-motivated, and possess strong communication and coordination skills between Product, Engineering, and QA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ownership of code and architectural decisions that arise from completing user stories within a Scrum environment
- Facilitate decision-making around technologies and libraries within the codebases you maintain
- Mentor less experienced developers, assisting their completion of user stories and development of their technical and non-technical skills
- Coordinate delivery logistics with dedicated Systems/DevOps personnel
- Define, estimate, code, review, test and document solutions for feature development, maintenance and refactor initiatives
- Collaborate with other developers and QA to design scalable, maintainable cloud-based systems
- Build for quality through code reviews, support of continuous integration and test automation, and the burndown of technical debt
- Install and maintain your individual development environment
- Assist in tier-3 support of SaaS-based enterprise product (client issues, performance, data integrity, integration with related applications)
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining enterprise SaaS software
- Understand and troubleshoot the application stack (Python, React) and infrastructure on AWS
- Comfort with event-driven systems using Kafka/Java/Spring Boot
- Familiarity with serverless/Lambda a plus
- Troubleshoot an application from all angles (client issues, performance, data integrity)
- Documenting architectures, code, and decisions in an easy-to-digest manner
- Critical thinker
- Self-motivated, high energy, results oriented contributor who thrives in a fast-paced setting
Education and Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems or related Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a software product development environment
- Proficiency with event-driven architecture
- Familiarity with TypeScript/React a strong plus
- Familiarity with Django a plus
- Familiarity with Java/Spring Boot/Microservices a strong plus
- 4+ years of professional experience developing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Apollo GraphQL a plus
- Experience developing software hosted in a cloud environment.
- Experience with enterprise software development, maintenance, and processes
- Experience with Agile processes, especially Scrum, Scrumban
- Experience problem-solving with large, complex web-based applications
- Experience with enterprise, web-based data integration including transactions, full CRUD and ETL across business applications
- Experience working in and maintaining a Docker environment
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel outside of the office is minimal but can happen on occasion. Typical professional office working conditions.
Preferred locations (remote candidates welcome):
- St. Petersburg, FL
- Toronto, ON
- Lakeland, FL
- Camarillo, CA
What you’ll gain:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Learning and development opportunities
- Work from anywhere
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- You will make a difference every day for universities trying to grow and students trying to learn.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Modern Campus is obsessed with empowering its 1,800+ higher education customers to thrive when radical transformation is required to respond to lower student enrollments and revenue, rising costs, crushing student debt and administrative complexity.
The Modern Campus engagement platform powers solutions for non-traditional student management, web content management, catalog and curriculum management, student engagement and development, conversational text messaging, career pathways, and campus maps and virtual tours. The result: innovative institutions can create a learner-to-earner lifecycle that engages modern learners for life, while providing modern administrators with the tools needed to streamline workflows and drive high efficiency.
Modern Campus is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.